This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Global Marketing Director, Oncology -- Companion Diagnostics (CDx)
Thousand Oaks, CA 91358
Posted 4 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Amgen has a diverse and rapidly advancing oncology portfolio. A new position, the Global Marketing Director, Companion Diagnostics (CDx), has been created to support the development and commercial launch of the companion diagnostic for Amgen's KRAS G12C small molecule inhibitor. This will be a critical role within the Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) organization, with significant impact on the ultimate success of the KRAS G12C program.
Reporting to the Global Marketing cDX Portfolio Lead - Diagnostic Commercial Strategy, the candidate will ensure timely, high-quality in-market companion diagnostics solutions to enable optimal treatment throughout the patient journey.
- Partner with the GML and Insight Brand Product Team (IBPT) to prepare the commercial organization for the launch of the companion diagnostic. This will entail global and US responsibilities
- Engage with Global Value Access & Policy to ensure access and commercialization of the companion diagnostic is optimized
- Provide commercial diagnostic expertise to the Franchise Steering Committee (FSC), the KRAS G12C Global Product General Manager (GPGM) and KRAS G12c Product Team (PT) in support of the successful co-development and commercial implementation of the companion diagnostic
- Assess and identify potential barriers to testing and develop tactical options to remove/minimize those barriers
- Define and develop the diagnostic microjourney-with the Global Marketing Leader (GML) and Regional New Product Development Leads (NPDLs)-to ensure the diagnostic strategy aligns with optimal patient identification
- Provide continuous input into the Target Test Profile (TTP), and ensure it is aligned to the Target Product Profile (TPP)
- Contribute to the Joint Commercialization Committee and the Joint Product Team with our diagnostic partner(s)
- Monitor the diagnostic testing competitive environment and market trends
- Cultivate and build relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, customers, and professional laboratory and medical organizations
- Serve as a source of diagnostic knowledge for the PT through active engagement with external partners, pathology labs, etc.
Expected travel (domestic and international) is 25%
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Marketing and Diagnostics experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Marketing and Diagnostics experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Marketing and Diagnostics experience
8+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical and/or Companion Diagnostics (CDx) diagnostic marketing experience
Launch experience of oncology diagnostics - including anatomical or molecular diagnostic products
Proven experience with a broad base of external customers, including patients, payers, and HCPs (especially pathologists)
Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate commercial and competitive implications of complex technical/clinical/regulatory data
Ability to work confidently in a cross-functional team and build effective internal partnerships
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence teams with diverse backgrounds
Strong competitive mindset, including the ability to champion ideas, make decisions, and focus on results
Excellent written, analytical, and oral communication skills
Strong business judgment and emotional intelligence
Act as a role model for others in line with Amgen values
Success in this role will require strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking, analytical and scientific literacy, superior cross-functional collaboration skills, the ability to operate globally and locally, highly effective influencing skills, and a strong understanding of both diagnostic and drug development/commercialization.
About Amgen and Oncology/Hematology
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
For nearly four decades, Amgen has been at the forefront of providing the oncology and hematology communities with novel therapies that have changed patients' lives. We have 10 marketed oncology medicines available today, and we are building upon our solid oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules. We need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
At Amgen, contributions are recognized - and strong performance is rewarded. Regularly recognized as a "Best Place to Work," we enable staff to chart their own career paths based on their unique talents by offering challenging assignments, active career development, coaching and individual rewards.
Join our team as we enter an era of oncology drug development that will usher in new wave of advances that promise to transform cancer care!
Posted 1 weeks ago
Posted 3 weeks ago