This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant II, Med/Oncology
Titusville, FL 32796
Parrish Medical Center
Posted 2 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Under the supervision of the RN/LPN is responsible for administering direct patient care as assigned as a member of the nursing team.
Responds to patient requests and performs other nursing functions to ensure optimum patient care.
Communicated in a timely manner to RN/LPN changes in patient condition and behavior.
Exemplifies PMC Mission, Vision and Values and maintains compassionate relationships that can help the person and family make it through times of illness with dignity.
Has access to locked Clean Utility/Meds/Nourishments rooms for access to patient nourishments and care items.
Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by assisting with bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom or bedside commode; helping with showers and baths; changes linen and patient gowns.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals; emptying trash.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures as delegated by RN, including the following: checking vital signs and daily weight, recording intake and output, apply skin barrier medicated creams, simple dressing changes, blood glucose testing, foley removal, discontinuation of a saline lock, administering enemas, and ice packs, heat treatments, etc.
- Observes and reports to Team Leader any symptoms or changes in patient condition.
Documents actions by completing appropriate documentation in Meditech 6.0
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge process of patients
Work requires frequent physical exertion and/or muscular strain.
Work environment involves several disagreeable elements and/or exposure to job hazards where there is some possibility of injury.
- High school Diploma or GED required, with Certified Nursing Assistant exam completion and current licensure
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospital experience
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate active
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)