This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Mental Health LPN, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse
Farmington, MO 63640
Posted 2 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional full time opportunity for a Mental Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our healthcare team at the Farmington Correctional Center located in Farmington, MO.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Mental Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Initiates the admission process and assists with the identification of recurrent health problems, symptoms, and behavioral changes of patients.
Collects pertinent data through observation, interviews, other interaction from members of the health team, and communication changes by patient.
* Assists physician in minor medical/surgical procedures. Transcribes and posts all therapeutic orders generated by physician. * Administers routine and/or PRN medications as ordered.
* Initiates and documents prescribed treatments for nursing interventions in compliance with policy and procedure.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Mental Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
* Previous experience in mental health preferred.
* Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
* Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)