Nursing Assistant Level 1 Primary Instructor, RN
Portland, OR 97204
Avamere Family of Companies
Posted 1 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Nursing Assistant Level 1 Primary Instructor,RNFull-Time Day Position AvailableLaurelhurst Village 3060 SE Stark St. Portland, OR 97214
The purpose of this position is to provide classroom and clinical education for Avamere Health Services Nursing Assistant Level 1 Program. The Primary Instructor is responsible for screening, interviewing and placement of students in each cohort. Cohorts include 96 hours of classroom/Lab and 75 hours of Clinical. The Primary Instructor is responsible for student education and guidance through to the placement of the state exam.
- Accountable for the classroom, laboratory and clinical practicum.
- Implement the required Board-approved curriculum
- Supervise and be present in the classroom at least 75% of the time that classes are being taught.
- Is onsite and available during 100% of the clinical teaching time.
- Provide effective teaching strategies in an environment that encourage student and instructor interaction
- Accurately records students' daily attendance
- Follows and enforces Student Guidelines
- Evaluate the competency of students
- Maintains classroom in good physical order, helps to manage program supplies and keep equipment in good repair
- Enters classroom at designated time with all necessary materials. Begins and ends class at scheduled times and follows scheduled student break times
- May delegate classroom, laboratory and or clinical teaching responsibilities to a Delegated Instructor and/or a clinical teaching associate if directed to do so by the NA Program Director.
- The Primary Instructor shall hold a current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon
- Two or more years of experience as a Registered Nurse and teaching experience or educational preparation for teaching adults.
- Must complete the "Train the CNA Trainer" course on adult instruction
- Must have sufficient ability to move around the building and classroom to satisfy student needs and/or facilitate student participation
- Must have sufficient visual and auditory ability to operate computer equipment, use telephone, read materials, use white board and use classroom equipment
- Knowledge of materials (subjects) that will be taught to students and ability to use and communicate the curriculum
- Ability to adapt quickly in fast-paced work environment
- Must maintain student records in accordance to Board standards
- Demonstrates professionalism in manner, dress and conduct as a representative of Avamere Health Services, LLC
- Responsible to AHS Nursing Assistant Program Director
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Laurelhurst Village is a 179-bed skilled nursing facility and assisted living facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and respite care, as well as, long-term care. Laurelhurst Village community provides a full range of exceptional senior living and skilled care options designed to accommodate your lifestyle and enable you to get the most from your retirement years. We offer exceptional care, wellness programs and social activities in a family atmosphere to create a community you'll enjoy calling home. Laurelhurst Village is currently looking for top notch talent to join their all-star team.