This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Medical Assistant - Primary Care - Medical Group - McDowell Mountain R
Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Posted 4 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Overview HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED RequiredOther Cert or Registrar MA or completion of a MA program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines or completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program. Required
Licenses and CertificationsClinical Other\CMA - Certified Or Registered Medical Assistant Certified Medical Assistant RequiredBasic Life Support (BLS) Training Course C Required Fingerprint Clearance Card Required
Job SummaryThe Medical Assistant provides general front and back office support to professional staff. Escorts patients to exam rooms. Maintains clean, neat and well-stocked exam rooms. Must have knowledge of medical front and back office procedures. Provides quality phone service by scheduling patients or referring caller to appropriate party. Answers phone messages from patients promptly. Maintains patient information that is accurate and charts/paperwork are filed correctly. Maintains medical records.Under the direction of a Provider, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of duties in connection with the examination and treatment of patients. May be assigned to a specialist. The MA takes a pro-active approach utilizing available resources to best serve the patient population. Performs a variety of clerical support duties including receptionist, telephone, scheduling, message management and data input. Utilizes knowledge and skill to provide appropriate care in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and protocols and Arizona validated competencies. The MA works in a team model to improve the patient's experience, create better communication and access to care, and support processes that will improve patient satisfaction.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Escorts the patient to the examining room, obtains a brief history, documents chief complaint takes vital signs to include weight and temperature. Preps the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures.
- May travel to off site locations to perform diagnostic testing and assist in physical exam components, TB testing, Injections, phlebotomy and others.
- May administer and record injections and TB testing under the supervision and order of the physician.
- Performs venipuncture and obtains specimens, performs CLIA waived lab tests. Performs office procedures including, but not limited to, PFT, UDS, EBT, EKG, fit testing, within the scope of practice as directed by provider.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others; documents and relays information to provider for action. Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms and scheduling.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals. Provides appropriate referrals to case management for employees.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted 1 weeks ago