Medical Assistant Cert/Reg OB/GYN - Chicago
Chicago, IL 60601
Advocate Health Care
Advocate Medical Group is a physician-led medical group providing primary care, specialty services, medical imaging, outpatient services and community based medical practices throughout the Chicagoland and Bloomington/Normal.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT Bilingual in Spanish
North Chicago, IL (Lakeview)
Hours: Day/PM (40 hours fulltime) till 7:30 pm rotation.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to ambulatory patients. Medical Assistants are vital to the effective operations of a fast-paced medical practice. Medical Assistants help patients transition from the outside world into the provider's office. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of important tasks to promote optimal health for our patients, including:
- Assist providers with important clinical duties, such as physical examinations
- Act as a liaison between patients and providers/specialists
- Measure patient's vital signs
- Administer medication
- Document patient information
- Collect specimens for testing
- Bilingual- in Spanish
- Highschool Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required - CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or CMAC. Non-certified Medical Assistants / MA must obtain certification or registration within four months of hire.
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or successful completion of the certification/registration exam.
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE - RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation's Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state's largest integrated children's network, the state's largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area's largest home health care companies, and the region's largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.