Resident Assistant II 500 Hire Bonus
Westminster, CO 80030
Job Summary: Resident Assistant II
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company sponsored events and activities.
Essential Job Functions
This is a broad-scoped caregiver position. The Resident Assistant has full responsibility for direct resident care. This includes assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including personal care and medication assistance and/or medication administration as allowed by state statute. Provides orientation/support to new resident assistants. May provide some laundry and housekeeping tasks. May act as shift lead as established by community standard.
- Assists resident with all personal care skills (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting) as described in company policy/procedure and individualized by the resident service plan.
- Makes appropriate observations about resident's condition in every interaction with resident and records changes in resident's condition in a timely manner according to company procedure.
- Assists residents with his/her medications according to company policy/procedure and as individualized on resident service plan.
- May administer medication and provide "nursing tasks" to residents, as outlined in state delegation protocols, and as written in resident service plan.
- Passes on information to the appropriate person in a correct time frame according to the company policy/procedure.
- Orients new resident assistants on shift; identifies staff competencies.
- Records omission of resident services/medications according to company policy/ procedure.
- May function as shift lead, in absence of Health & Wellness Director or Health & Wellness Assistant Director, maintaining awareness of overall building/resident well being and following "on call" protocols.