LPN Office Nurse-Family/Maternity Medicine (Full time)
Lancaster, PA 17601
Lancaster General Health
Posted 2 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Lancaster General Hospital
7032 Family and Maternity Medicine
Family and Maternity Medicine- Patient Care
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for a full time LPN office nurse to support Family and Maternity medicine.
The Office Nurse (LPN) will provide direct patient care, in support of direct Medical Providers, and provide office triage.
* This is a full time position, totaling 40 hours per week, during office hours.
* 1-2 evening shifts per week required until 7-8PM.
* NO weekend /holiday obligations.
* Occasional travel between Lancaster and Parkesburg office locations.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
* Gathers relevant patient information pertinent for the nursing assessment and assists the RN in developing and modifying the plan of care.
* Organizes and implements designated nursing interventions and basic patient hygiene and comfort measures.
* Assists physicians with implementing the medical treatment regime.
* Evaluates and reports to the RN the status of, and changes in the patient's condition.
* Documents pertinent information and nursing actions and outcomes in the medical record.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
* Assists in managing emergency patient situations following established protocols and under the guidance of the RN.
* Assists the RN in implementing patient/significant others' teaching plans.
* Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, issued by a program for practical nursing accredited by the PA State Board of Nursing
* CPR Certification required
* One (1) year of hospital/clinical experience
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.