Certified Medical Assistant
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
As a Medical Assistant in our practice, you will function as a champion of patient care, you can do everything from patient charting to preparing exam/treatment rooms to giving injections and assisting the physician. The Medical Assistant also functions as a health and safety leader to ensure patients receive high quality, patient-centered care.
The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours are Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturdays 8am-8pm, and Sundays 8am-5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Clinical responsibilities such as taking vital signs, collecting lab specimens, performing EKG's, and administering IM injections.
- Collecting patient history and documenting EHR appropriately.
- May apply splints, dressings and bandages.
- Assisting with check-in/check-out when needed including auditing charts.
- Maintaining records and logs on activities including in-house lab work, drug screens, and lab work sent out to other labs.
- Keeps patients and visitors informed of clinic progress.
- 2+ year of clinical experience in a patient care setting is required.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assistants or completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required.
- Current certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) is required.
- Current BLS Certification is required within 30 days of start.
- Must obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certification and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 3 months of employment or promotion.
- NEVADA ONLY: Must obtain an Office Laboratory Assistant license within 30 days of employment or promotion.