CNA - Bailey Boushay House
Seattle, WA 98127
Virginia Mason Medical Center
Posted 1 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Job Number: 191395
Department: BBH Rcp Nursing
Hours: 7:00 am-7:30 pm
The Certified Nursing Assistant (NA-C) provides direct patient care under the supervision of the RN. Working as a Certified Nursing Assistant (NA-C) involves a combination of nursing, EKG, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and respiratory therapy.
Bailey-Boushay House specializes in the complex nursing care needs of people with advanced AIDS and HIV-related diseases, with a staff-to-patient ratio not provided in other facilities. Our intensive nursing care model also serves people with and without AIDS who require end-of-life care, including those with:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Huntington's disease
- Any illness limiting a person's life expectancy to less than three months
- WA State Department of Health Certification as a Nursing Assistant (NA-C) or an LPN license required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required. Basic skills in using a PC required.
- Demonstrated experience as a nursing assistant required. Must be able to lift, move or assist patients using proper body mechanics.
- The ability to occasionally lift or push up to 50 lbs. and pull up to 100 lbs. is also required.
- EKG Tech skills are preferred.
NOTE: If you have not just completed a Certified Nursing Assistant (NA-C) training program in the last 4 months & received WA Licensure with Department of Health or worked as a paid Certified Nursing Assistant (NA-C) in the last 24 months, you must re-train and re-test in order to be eligible to work at Bailey Boushay House as Patient Care Technician.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a $2,000.00 Sign-On Bonus, comprehensive compensation and benefits,'support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.