Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Rockford, IL 61107
Posted 2 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Requisition ID: 65438
Ministry: PLC Senior Services
Location: PLC St Anne Center
4405 Highcrest Road, Rockford, IL 61 United States (US)
Department: Skilled NSG SAC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
This represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Previous experience in senior services preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Skilled NSG SAC
Job Function: Nursing