This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Omaha, NE 68101
Caring for People Services
Posted 2 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Who We AreCaring for People Services provides compassionate in-home, non-medical services to people of all ages. We have been providing care to individuals and families for over 10 years throughout the greater Omaha metro area. Our entire team is dedicated to providing professional, ethical and quality service.
We invite you to join our mission of helping our clients to lead enjoyable, dignified and independent lifestyles in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Our company is expanding rapidly as a result of the dedicated and exceptional service our caregivers extend to our clients every day. We value the contribution each and every person makes within the company and we have exciting programs in place to reward these meaningful efforts. What We Offer* Flexible Scheduling
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Family Owned Company
* Part-time Available
* Direct Deposit
* Specialized Paid Training
* Performance Evaluations and Merit Based Raises
* Monthly Performance and Birthday Bonuses
* Monthly Caregiver Recognition Day
* Annual Company Party
* Paid Time Off (accrual starting on first day, vested after 1 year)
* Holiday Pay (receive time and one half of your regular hourly pay rate when working holidays)
* Community Discounts (Henry Doorly Zoo Membership, Mahoney State Park Annual Entrance Fee, Costco Membership)
* Aflac Supplemental and Accident Insurance, Short Term Disability, Dental/Vision Insurance (available after 60 days with minimum hour requirement)
* Tuition Reimbursement (available after 90 days with minimum hour requirement)
* CNA Certification Program (available after 1 year of employment with minimum hour requirement)
* Medical Insurance (available after 1 year of employment with minimum hour requirement)
Responsibilities* Companionship (i.e. accompany to doctor, restaurants, theater, movies; record personal memories, assist with mail and making appointments, hobbies and crafts, pet care, etc.)
* Provide light housekeeping including organizing and cleaning closets, dish washing, laundry and ironing assistance
* Transportation/Shopping and Errands (i.e. assist with grocery list, clipping coupons and shopping, picking up prescriptions, transporting clients to appointments)
* Assist with Personal Care including clothing/dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, and incontinence care
* Transfer using wheelchair, slide board, and/or Hoyer lifts (as needed), offer medication reminders, and help with range of motion exercises
* Prepare meals, assist with eating and clean up as well as special dietary needs
* Respite Care (provide relief for primary caregivers while they take a well-deserved break, run errands or attend activities away from home)
* Alzheimer's & Dementia Care (provide specially trained caregiving to assist loved ones and families)
* Hospice Care (provide supportive care in the final stages of terminal illness focusing on comfort and quality of life)
Basic Minimum Qualifications* Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
* Must possess your own reliable vehicle to transport clients
* Must have regular access to the internet and email
* Must be 19+ years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* English language proficiency preferred
* Personal cell phone preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities* Function independently in a home setting with minimal supervision
* Comply with client privacy, confidentiality, and HIPPA Standards
* Follow Mandated Reporter of Abuse and Neglect Laws
Essential Functions* Forward bend, trunk rotation, kneeling/crouching to reach objects on the floor, underneath bed, wheelchair legs
* Client transfer, client repositioning, bed mobility, vacuuming, walking
* Lifting and moving various equipment, client personal items. Able to lift 35 lbs.
* Level 3, Elite Certified Caregivers/CNA: Hoyer lift maneuvering, Hoyer lift management. Able to push/pull 100 lbs.
Caring for People Services® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Caring for People Services® complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Caring for People Services® expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Caring for People Services® employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Caring for People Services® and individual franchises are independently owned and operated.