LPN in Eastpoint
Eastpoint, FL 32328
North Florida Medical Center
LPN needed for a busy medical office in Eastpoint. Must have strong
organizational skills, be able to multi-task and be computer
Responsible for providing practical nursing care to clinic patients under supervision of providers and Center Manager. Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services. Become fully functional in the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) and follow the EMR Manual instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in care team meetings and pre-visit planning.
- Interview patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in the EMR for provider.
- Obtain and record patients vital signs, height/weight/BMI, tobacco status, and last menstrual period, when applicable.
- Assist the provider(s) with examinations as needed.
- Review providers orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Document services performed for medical records and billing purposes.
- Dress wounds, apply compresses, ice bags.
- Administer specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, and notes time and amount in patients EMR.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Collect samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum from patients for testing.
- Track lab tests until results are available, flagging and following up on overdue results.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Follow providers orders to notify patients of normal and abnormal lab and imaging test results, communicating the providers advice and instructions.
- Follow EMR manual instructions to coordinate referrals for patients.
- Obtains instructions through insurance and other providers offices.
- Track imaging tests and referrals until results are available, flagging and following up on overdue results.
- Follow up with inpatient facilities or newborn screening website to obtain newborn hearing and blood-spot screening (NA for adults).
- Promote wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating providers advice and instructions.
- Adhere to OSHA/infection control/safety and VFC guidelines, maintaining equipment, instruments and stock supplies.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned by lead provider or CMO.
Education and Certifications:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current LPN License issued by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Current BLS Certification.
Salary, Benefits, Student Loan Repayment:
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement and continuing education. Our facilities are also highly ranked with the National Health Service Corp Student Loan Repayment Plan.
Make a Difference NFMC consists of a team of highly motivated, caring and compassionate professionals in a not-for-profit community health system, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of North Florida. Family practice and nonclinical professional positions are available in community health centers located throughout North Florida.