This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Full Time)
Defiance, OH 43512
Twin Rivers Center - Genesis HealthCare
Posted 1 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Beyond our highly competitive compensation and benefits -- key reasons why Genesis HealthCare has one of the industry's highest retention levels is our investment in our employees. You can trust that you will always be successful, no matter where your Genesis career takes you. Whether it's enhancing clinical skills or developing leadership capabilities we actively support your goals Apply today, make your mark and see just how extraordinary you can be.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves and assists residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse. Assists licensed nurses in admitting, discharging, transferring and caring for residents. Coordinates scheduling of residents therapeutic services. The nurse assistant is responsible for maintaining neat and clean resident care and work environment.
1. Provide direct care to the more acutely ill residents.
2. Obtain clean linens and supplies; clean utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas as assigned.
3. Handle and serve residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse.
4. Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques and recognized standards.
5. Assist licensed nurses in admitting, admitting assessments, discharging, transferring and caring for the residents personal belongings.
6. Performs ADLSs
7. Coordinates scheduling for residents requiring OT, PT, and ST
8. Take and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration
9. Provide skin care treatments as permitted by state regulation
10. Apply simple clean dressings, slings, stockings and support bandages under direction of a licensed nurse
11. Clean resident equipment and maintain clean resident conditions and report on resident status or family concerns to a licensed nurse.
12. Help to orient and mentor new nursing assistants
13. Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individuals needs and rights
14. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. A high school diploma or equivalent2. Ability to read write and understand the English language is mandatory 3. A minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center to maintain certification4. 'successful completion of a state-approved STNA program5. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.6. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 310606
Center Name: Twin Rivers Center
Posted 2 weeks ago
Posted 1 weeks ago